Sunday, August 9, 2009

A life without John....

It is a sad time in Hollywood, and across the land. We are all in mourning of the passing of the late, great, John Hughes. I say that with a heavy heart, and I can't wait until Allison is out here and we can celebrate the passing of a legend in style- with underpants on our heads, yeagerbombs in our hands, and tears in our eyes!!

John Hughes has passed. I was hoping I would not have to live in a world with the genius that was Mr. Hughes, but here I am. Living in a world without the creator of Ferris Bueller is difficult!! But there is something that I don't understand that I am hoping someone can explain. Michael Jackson had a memorial service at The Staples Center. Seriously folks, downtown LA was in lockdown, because Michael Jackson needed a memorial service at The Staples Center. Where is the memorial service for John Hughes? I have been planning my entire adult life around a 16 candles reunion. I even had it all planned out in my head. Think about it. I think that the Donger married the "new style Amer-ican gir-lfriend" and is living happily ever after. I mean, "Dong has been here for 5 hours, and he's got someone, I live here my entire life, and I am like a disease". Jenny is still married to Rudy, and now they have 2 "oily bow-hunk" kids. And our beloved Sam...what is she doing? Did she marry Jake? I haven't figured that one out yet0-- that is why I need the genius that is John Hughes.

And what about Ferris? Well, more importantly, what happened to Cameron? He was, by far the best character. I named a cat after him once. I want to see good things happen for Cameron...he can't continue to be so tight that if you stick a lump of coal up his ass in two weeks you would have a diamond. Although, that would be a cool trick......

So what about the Breakfast Club? I really wanted to see Anthony Michael Hall come back and kick all their asses. I thought it would be great if the premise of this "sequel" would, of course, be the reunion. I think that Carl, the janitor, would have to be there. But, not as an attendee- more like as a lurker. He would watch from behind the bushes while Claire (now fat) would show up. She and John didn't make it because Bender went on one too many benders. Sporto- well we all knew that he was gay. Maybe he should come in the technicolor dream coat! It was the taping of the buns that really sealed the deal for me.

I really think that there should be a conglomerate remake. I think that a 10 year high school reunion with Ferris, Cameron, Sloane, Gary, Wyatt, Lisa, Clair, Bender, Andrew, Duckie-- OMG- This is a brilliant idea. Seriously- think about it. I think that Del Griffith could be a chaperone. And the music- would be KICKIN'. Let's talk about Journey...they would be the band that plays at the reunion. WOW- this would totally kick my 10 year reunion's ass!!!

No comments: