Sunday, January 9, 2011

Ice Ice Baby

You all know that I am a reality TV whore.  I am not ashamed- I watch reality TV almost exclusively.  Survivor---YAY Fabio!  Hoarders..suddenly my house doesn't look so messy.  Basketball-- of course- and those of you who think that sports isn't reality TV- I am here to tell you that there is just as much drama..where/when will Melo go?  What of my beloved Nugs?  Tabitha's Salon Takeover....really- a stripper pole in a salon?  Where oh where is Shear Genius when you need it?  HGTV- need I say more?  The Bachelor (YES, I still watch it); The Sing Off-- which is the first musical reality show I have watched in years....because as much of a whore as I am, I still have standards and WILL NOT watch Dancing/Skating with the Stars (see previous blogs) or American Idol.  But I will watch Celebrity Apprentice, Celebrity Rehab with Dr Drew, Teen Mom, When Vacations Attack and I Survived...and almost anything else on NGTV or the Discovery Channel (where are the Ice Road Truckers and the Deadliest Catch?)...  And let us not forget the Real Housewives....of any given city.  It's like watching a train wreck!

But...that being said.....HGTV is now on my shit list.  Though it is not a surprise that when Vanilla Ice's "career" (AIR QUOTES) tanked (which also was not a shocker) that he could be found working in the construction industry; I don't want to see how he "renovates" houses.  I figure that there are several reasons that he may have opted to go into the construction business--- one is that he is covered with tattoos.  I LOVE tattoos- I happen to have a couple and am saving for another one--- but I am not sleeved.  When one decides to become sleeved he is making a definitive decision to limit his career path.  For instance, a doctor will likely not be sleeved, nor will a lawyer, nor will a senator.  A basketball player...yes--football player- maybe; but much more likely a construction worker or a "Medical" pot shop owner.  But I really am not finding myself wanting to watch Vanilla Ice fix up a house....are you?  Come on people- we need standards....even in the Reality TV arena.  I thought we were moving in the right directions when Kate + Eight hit the shitter-- but I was wrong.....
So I beg of you- Reality TV God- give me something REALLY good to take place of Vanilla Ice construction.....I feel like this is the cross roads...I don't want to be watching Bel Biv Devoe Bakery......yikers.

No comments: