Monday, January 26, 2009

Ny new job

I started a new job recently. And let me say, this job is AWESOME. Not because of the pay (which could be better), not because of the location (suffice it to say we have anti-graffiti paint on our walls and the little buggers still tag it); not because of the hot men that work there (trust me on this one); but for a couple of other very important things.

1. I can wear sweat pants to work. Do you know how great it is to be able to wear pants that have a drawstring to work. Now, some of you may be thinking that these pants should only be worn by grandma's with protruding bellies and a hump on their backs. While you may be right with this line of thinking, I believe, in my heart of hearts, that pants with drawstrings and elastic waistbands are very underrated. I am pretty sure that if I get married again, it will be in sweatpants (I did the dress the first time, be-atch). I can also wear my favorite tee-shirts to work. Amongst these favorites are my Calahan Auto Parts shirt, the Truffle Shuffle Shirt, and of course, Matt Foley.

2. Andi, my new friend at work, has the EXACT same sense of humor I do! It's strange. Granted, she wears shiny Napoleon Dynamite boots, but the fact that they are Coach boots, I can forgive her. We both have an irrational lust for Steve Perry, and thus LOVE all the Journey songs we hear everyday!!! I am of the opinion that no one ever told Steve Perry that he is a boy- I am pretty sure that he has hair extensions. And then there is the famous mustache shaving scene. I have never laughed so hard in my entire life.

3. My coworkers are just as down to earth as I am. One told me that her life is ruined because of all her black chin whiskers.

4. They all think that poo and farts are funny. It is so great when someone runs into the office, does a little crop dusting, and then runs away like a chicken. Then the boss comes out and looks at all of us and blames us for the stink bomb.

5. I am not the only one who drinks before noon on Saturdays. It's nice to know I have some company.

and Finally...

6. we all have skills.....Ninja skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills.....

2 comments:

Allison said...

I want to work with you! Farting and Matt Foley t-shirts would never fly in the public school system. Damn, I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Whos the nut bag with the nap d boots and the chin whiskers? Sounds like a winner.

-S. Perry