Thursday, December 18, 2008

So very very cold....

It is cold in Southern California. I COULD SEE MY BREATH THIS MORNING. While some Angelinos may find this quaint, I do not. I am a Denver native, and it was only with sheer gusto and effort that I remained in Colorado for 26 years without ever skiing. I moved to California thinking of sunny days and warm nights, mornings without frost on my windshield, never needing a hat (for anything other an a fashion accessory anyhow). Holy shit- it was 45 degrees when I was driving to work this morning.

Now, for those of you in the bitter cold of my native land, SHUT UP and smack those rolling eyes straight. I have lost my winter legs (thing sea legs....). But, being the eternal optimist that I am (shut up be-atch-- you know who you are), I am seeing the silver lining. I leave for Mexico in less than a week. OMG-- free bar and Mexico for 10 days....I may just get lucky yet! Granted I am vacationing with my parents-- and for those of you who have met my mom- you know. And my brother and his girlfriend---- who would have thought that in the dynamic of my immediate family I would be the fifth wheel. But anyhow- the acholol will keep me obliviously unaware of the fact that at 31 years old the only people I can find to take a 10 day trip to Mexico with is my family......

Oh well-- bring me another shot of tequila and a pedicure!!!

No comments: